June 1, 2012

Hello to lazy summer days

Or maybe it should be GOOD-BYE to lazy summer days.
I've made a list of things I plan to do this summer - goals, projects, books, DIYs, etc.
Because I find that being lazy over the summer isn't as fun as actually doing something! Don't you agree?

link 


I think this DIY would be difficult, so maybe it should be saved for later in the summer. But it's absolutely beautiful and I WANT ONE. Because people would be like, "Hey. Is they a fork on your arm?" 
Yes. Yes it is.


This light box would be SO useful - because waiting around for the perfect time of day to take pictures is so annoying, and usually doesn't work out too well anyways.


My room is a mess. A complete and utter disaster. Usually, it's not so bad - at least the floor is usually picked up and vacuumed, but because I haven't fully moved in yet there is NO organization for my things. It's really frustrating and I'm getting upset just thinking about it, but basically I'm living out of boxes. UGH.


I've decided to be more experimental and wear red lipstick. Just for fun.



This art project is SUPER popular, but I want to make it interesting and unique. I liked this one because they had a specific design and idea in mind, it's inspiring! I can't wait to try mine! (you'll see it when I do it, never fear)


The new goal of my summer is to have more flowers. We have a beautiful lilac bush around the house, it's time to bring the beauty indoors.


I LOVE embellished collars, they add a pop to an outfit without the hassle of long dangly jewelry. So it's time to go thrifting! For beautiful shirts to embellish!


This DIY is so simple and moustachy that I can't wait to get started! Plus, it's a moustache. Who doesn't want a moustache ring?


I've always been fascinated by the art of embroidery. I seriously think it's amazing and creative, so i've made it my summer goal to emroider something, maybe a shirt of a pillow - or maybe shoes! You never know...


Uhm yes. I have two very boring grey sweaters that would love to be touched up with these cutesy elbow patches. There are some "holes" in this tutorial, no pun inteanded, so I'll probably just make up my own way. 


This is a bracelet made of broken jewelry. Because who doesn't have broken jewelry lying around? Seriously, it's bordering on hoarderism. (Hoarderism? Is that a word?)


My mom yells at me every 5 minutes because I never have a coaster with me, and it messes up her wooden furniture. Which is completely understandable, so I think i'll remedy this little problem of mine and make some cute coasters :)


I have SO many broaches from my mother, and I can't think of a cuter way to use them than this DIY broach necklace!



The mullet skirt. The new must-have of any fashionable closet anywhere. So why not make my own? 


I think we can all agree that most of us sleep in sweatpants and t-shirts. No one ever looks cute going to bed, it's just a fact. Recently I felt like looking cute going to bed didn't have to be hard, so when I found this tutorial I made up my mind. I was gonna look cute going to bed. So sue me.
(can also me remodeled into cute swimsuit coverups with the right fabric!)


I love this shirt to death. It's seriously simple and totally summer chic. BRING IT BABY.


Re-fashion a T-shirt into a cute ruffle top and pair it with a maxi skirt. The perfect summer outfit. 


First off, let me just tell you that these are scarves. Uh yeah. SCARVES. Turn these SCARVES into SHIRTS. oh how I love you scarves-that-can-be-turned-into-shirts.


On a more serious note, I actually have plans to do some hard-core workout this summer. Ok maybe not THAT hard-core, but enough to put up a sweat, so this DIY is perfect! Now I don't have to spend tons of money on workout clothes! Hurray! 


I love this longer skirt, don't you?


On a scale of one to creepy this picture is like, Halloween. But I love the idea of these glowing jars, which would be perfect for a summer party or table center piece. 


I really love this cut-out because of all of the different shapes you can make, or layers, or fabrics etc. It's just a very versatile DIY.

There's probably more that I'll find for things I want to do, and I'll add them to the list - but this is enough for now. Don't you think? 

xoxo

ps - what are your summer goals and planned projects?

2 comments:

  1. Will you show us what you make or wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. course I will! Hope to see you around again!

      Delete

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.