June 22, 2012

Strawberries Wild

We made jam. Do I really have anything else to say on the matter? No, not really.


It was really simple actually - we just followed the directions on the sure-jell box. But here is a quicky version for you:

1. rinse strawberries with cold water
2. cut off the stems
3. Lay the strawberries down to dry
4. Put them in a bowl and begin mashing!
5. Add sugar and the sure-jell packet, mix well
6. do the dishes!

We made about 10-12 conatiners of strawberry jam. It took A LOT of dishes and several boxes of sure-jell. All in all, it's probably cheaper to buy jam at the store - but it tastes better if you make it yourself :)

It was a good family night activity, it made us interact and work together. Don't tell my mother, but I really enjoyed the whole thing. 

xoxo

1 comment:

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.