June 21, 2012

There is no explanation for this post.


So the day begin like this: I woke up, ate breakfast, watched How to Steal a Million on Netflix, ate some more food, then checked up on da blog. Cause I feel the need to check it every day... is that weird? 
So there I was, minding my own business, when suddenly, out of the blue, I hear, "Madison! Come help me with my earwax!"
"....."
Uh, I could not have heard that right.
Nope, I heard that right. 
My mom hasn't been hearing well lately, apparently she was talking to a friend about it and said friend mentioned these earwax candles
This is how it works:
Gather together a paper plate, matches, paper towels, a cup of water, a couple pillows, and of course the "candles"
1. Cut a hole through the middle of the plate
2. Stick the candle through the plate, and insert the pointy tip into your ear. Make sure it's in there nice and snug - the point is that once the end of the candle is lit, the fire + air creates a vacuum that sucks out your earwax. Gross, yet cool. (The paper plate is so that you don't get ashes on your face! IMPORTANT!)
3. Light the end of the candle on fire. MAKE SURE NO SMOKE IS COMING OUT OF YOUR EAR - aka you need two people to do this.

Things to remember:
>>> keep the water and paper towels handy. Once the flame has reached about 3 inches above the plate, put it out by dousing the paper towel in water and wrapping it around the flame.
>>> Personally, me and my mom put out the flame every two inches to clean out the candle. The tip gets full of earwax - so use the skewer they provide to clean it out. It's gross, but strangely satisfying.

I didn't do it, but my mother said it was amazing! She can hear me when I whisper, so I think it's worked :)
What a weird day....


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.