June 23, 2012

My face is covered in Kiwi

I never take care of my skin.
It's a sad truth of my life, that I'm actually too lazy.
Sometimes I'll go to bed without taking my makeup off thinking, "Well, I'm taking a shower in the morning anyhow. Its not a big deal. I just won't wash my face tonight."
Then pimples start blooming on my face like the evil roses of spring - I grumble a bit and then move on, because I'm too lazy to keep grumbling.
It's a problem.

Skimming on the web, going through some of my favorite blogs and sites, I found this tutorial on a home-made kiwi mask for your skin, and I thought to myself, "Self, this is the time to get active about skin care!" 



Here is what you need:
1. A clean container (I used a mason jar, you may have them around your house, or you can buy a couple at your local Hobby Lobby)
2. A blender
3. Orange juice
4. Kiwi
5. Olive Oil
6. Yogurt


STEP ONE: gather your ingredients
STEP TWO: Peel and puree the kiwi (I used two kiwi's)
STEP THREE: add 3 tbsp of plain yogurt, 1 tbsp of orange juice, and 1 tbsp of olive oil
STEP FOUR: blend it all together

Once it's blended well, pour it into your container. I suppose you could taste it... I didn't, but I am curious now that I think about it. If you taste it tell me what it tastes like!



Apply liberally to your face, avoiding your eyes.
Leave on until the mask dries, then scrub it off well with a washcloth! Personally, I wanted to itch my face the whole time it was on there, I don't know why, but I thought it was super itchy.

**This mask will keep for about a week, as long as it's refrigerated**

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.