June 20, 2012

Let's have an adventure

Today was an adventure day.
Today Quincy and I went out exploring some of our favorite stores for the necessities of life - thrifting and crafting.
Basically SUMMER.

Hobby Lobby was first - we needed a glue gun to finish up a project we're working on (prepared to be astounded later on...)

Hobby Lobby was close, but no cigar. Our hot glue gun is old, and outdated. So we headed to Michaels to see if we could find the right kind of glue stick. Again, no cigar. But Quincy died and went to heaven while looking through the foods stuffs aisles; everything from cupcake decoraters, to baking travel cases. 
Personally, I roamed through the aisles of paints, and markers, and notebooks. I love the smell of fresh paper - never been used kind of paper. Paper that could hold all of my thoughts and musings. It's a little silly - but I love paper.

Next was Joann's, where we finally ended up buying a new hot glue gun on the cheap, with a pack of 30 glue sticks (total = around $8). 

Of course, we had to hit Goodwill. I've been looking for a thrifted pair of Levi 601's - mom jeans to repurpose for cute fashionable reasons I have concocted in my little head (again, more on that later). I didn't find any good Levi's, but I found some jeans that fit well around my waist so they'll do fine. Plus they both added up to $10
aka it's a great deal.

In the true summer spirit - I braided my hair! my mom braided my hair! 
It's a halo braid, taken from this tutorial
I felt very chic wearing it all day... and I also realized I don't actually own any summer clothes. At all.
Problem.

But yes, today was an adventure day.

xoxo

ps - I found my camera cord! But you probably knew that already... so smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.