November 18, 2011

I Certain Kind of Disappointment

I made callbacks! At my high school, we have a theatre show every season. 
The Fall Mainstage.
The Winter Mainstage.
The Spring Musical.
(and then the often-forgotten about, Senior One-Acts)

This year's Fall Mainstage was Get Smart (based off of the tv series), and it was a blast! One of my all time favorites :)

This year's Winter Mainstage is going to be Sense and Sensibility! The single most amazing Jane Austen novel of all time. 
While Mr. Darcy will always have a place in my heart, Colonel Brandon owns it. Love of the most sincere kind. What a man.

All I've ever wanted to do, was be Marianne. She is my Jane Austen twin. If we could meet in reality - we would be best friends. Undoubtedly. 
So naturally, I tried out - and I found out I made callbacks this morning! So I went in after school and prepared to stun my director (Ms. Peplow) into making me Marianne. 

You can imagine how that went.

I didn't read for Marianne once (a cold read is when you show up for callbacks and read parts of the script as different characters, so the director can get a feel of how you work with certain people as a certain character). I read for Eleanor at least 4 times. 
Don't get me wrong, I love Eleanor - she's a beautiful person. 
But Marianne is.... well.... Marianne.
I think she got it so stuck in her mind that I was going to be Eleanor that she wouldn't even let my explore different characters. 

sigh.

Well - I hope I at least get a part. 
It's a certain kind of disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.