November 5, 2011

You Are My Sweetest Downfall

I apologize for the long intermission
but life just hasn't been that interesting since we last spoke.
But I was roaming the interweb recently (always a dangerous habit), and I happened to stumble upon an artist that i have since fallen in love with.
Art has always spoken to me
I've been told before that i'm very perceptive and I have a gift for spiritual revelation - in any given context.
Maybe that's why I love art, and not just art - all arts.

Theatre
Music
Art
Words

So I'll move on to the point of this post. Namely, Marion Bolognesi

The creator of such beautiful artwork as;

These are all watercolors that she paints, & the emotions stuffed in each painting is brilliant.
I feel like everyone can connect to these pieces because everyone has happiness, confusion, hope, and longing.
The beauty of our emotions never cease to amaze me - where would we be in this world if we didn't have sadness? Sometimes it feels good to be sad. Sometimes it feels good to cry. Sometimes all  you need in that moment is to sit on your couch with your favorite pillow, tissues, and a Jane Austen movie (preferably Becoming Jane, I cry every time). 
Where would we be without happiness? You can only take so much depression. Happiness is a Zooey Deschanel movie, a fairytale, a Harry Potter book, and a cup of hot chocolate with exactly 6 small marshmallows.

Satisfaction. Satisfaction is stepping into the wide open world and knowing that with my God, I can take it in my hands and change it. 

That's what these paintings make me think of. beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.