June 3, 2013

Vector Marketing

So how many of you have heard of Vector Marketing?
And how many of you have heard that it's a total scam?
Let me tell you my story...

Coming out of graduation, amongst the mobs of people penguin walking in a huddle out of the front doors, there was the lone woman. She was persevering through the crowd handing out letters to everyone in a white or green gown - so naturally she shoved one in my hand. I promptly forgot about the letter until a few days ago when I opened it. I won't copy it down because it was kinda long and you really don't want to read it. It basically said stuff like, "Congratulations! Our company employs lots of students to gain valuable experiences.." blah blah blah blah blah. But the letter never really said anything. There was no basic information, shoot I didn't even know what company it was that printed out this letter and shoved it into my hands.
Sounds like a scam to me!
So I didn't do anything about it, until one of my friends mentioned that she had checked out the website and applied for a job, and was set up for an interview the next day. So I figured, if she's doing it, I might as well, right? Right. So I filled out the mini app online, and not even 2 minutes letter someone called my phone to set up an interview. Uuuhhhhhh..... what starts with SH and ends with ADY? SHADY. Yeah suuuuuuuuuper shady. So this morning before my interview I did my own research on the company.
I found a lot of stuff that said it was all a scam, but just as much saying that it was legit. 
Some sources:
Here 

Mostly what I found against Vector seemed to me to be people who tried it out, failed, and therefore hate it. So I decided to go to the interview to see how it went.

It was basically a group interview where a bunch of us sat in the conference room while the manager talked about the company, the expectations, the pay, the perks, etc. Then we were called one by one for a shorter interview. I was literally the last person to be called, but at the end of my short interview I was offered the job! I have to go for some basic training that's about 20 hours and starts this wednesday, thursday, and friday. And I don't get paid for that.
That little radar inside my head keeps going off, and I can't decide whether this is legit or not. Part of me feels like if this is legit, it's a great opportunity to gain some real experience in business and make BANK doing it too (it's $17 per appointment plus commission). And the other part of me is like, either this is too good to be true, or it's legit and I'll get fired within for first few weeks because I suck. 

So right now the plan is that I'll go to the training, see what's up, but still keep looking for a solid job. Wish me luck!

Dueces

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.