June 11, 2013

Chicago Weather Makes Me Cry

The high for today was 86 degrees. And let me tell you, it was perfect. Just absolutely gorgeous. The list of words to describe the gloriousness of the weather includes, amazing, fantastic, brilliant, perfect, smoldering, beautiful, etc etc etc.
Unfortunately I work all day.


EEWWWW. NOOOOOO. STAAAAHP.


Kristen wasn't such a fan of work today either.

Fortunately, I did get a good 20 minutes of sunlight in during lunch, when Kristen and I went outside and sat in the gloriousness, soaking up the heat and happiness before returning to the prison known as "work."
Unfortunately, the moment we got out of work I was planning on hitting the pool, soaking up more sun, and reading my book (another Georgette Heyer. It's an addiction. I'm seeing a therapist), it started pouring rain. And I mean POURING rain. It was coming down in buckets, washing my dreams down the drain as it came. 


Our little trike that's too small for any normal human being to ride was sitting out in the rain. Who knows why...
But I mean, it was cute and "bloggery" so I snapped a picture, casual blogger life. So to take advantage of the rain, I decided to throw on my new pink raincoat and wellies and stand outside in the rain for a little while. Because there's something really satisfying about standing in the rain, feeling it pelt you, and not getting wet. Ooooh so satisfying.
Then of course, the rain suddenly stops. And the sun comes out, and birds are singing, and children are laughing and playing, and I'm just standing in my house all miserable with my raincoat and wellies on, with no rain in sight.

Chicago weather makes me want to cry.

Dueces

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.