June 5, 2013

Let the Adventures Begin

Today my baby sister Quincy graduated from 5th grade! Whoa! I mean, I know I'm a college student and all, but that's just crazy. 

The elementary school she attends has a tradition on the last day of school, all of the parents line up at the back door so that when the 5th graders leave they run through our little football huddle and make it to victory at the end! It's really super cute and so much fun to watch them run out.
Oh and did I mention the silly string?


Yes. There was indeed an abundance of silly string.
Silly string galore.
A plethora of silly string if you will.

So obviously as the 5th graders run out of the school and through our little huddle they get sprayed silly with silly string! So my mom went out and bought tons of silly string for us to knock those 5th graders silly with!

But first the day started with the typical last day of school pictures...


She's just adorable.


Oh the awkward 5th grade smile, where your smile looks like you're somehow in pain. I don't worry though, she'll grow out of that. And In the meantime her real smile is darling so don't be fooled by pre-pubescent awkwardness.


What can I say? A girl after my own heart.


And here comes the 5th graders!



I have no idea who this boy is, I just like the picture because of the silly string.




She sprayed me with silly string. And it got in my mouth.



Oh hey look! There's mom in the background! (pink shirt, on the right)


Besides getting the string in my mouth, it really just got me all over. There was no escaping it.

When we got home, all safe and sound and covered in brightly colored string, Calvin and Lincoln got out the saw and the ladder to chop down some branches of one of our trees that were getting annoying. Calvin couldn't really reach the branches, so naturally he jumped up into the tree with the saw in his hand and cut the pesky things down. Now we just have to figure out how he's going to get down? Because yes, he's still up there. And it looks like our summer adventures have finally begun.



Dueces

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.