June 4, 2013

That Nine to Five Life

So after much deliberation, pros and cons lists, and headaches, I have decided NOT to take the Vector job.
It was a really good opportunity, I loved the idea of being my own boss, making lots (and lots) of money, and getting some legitimate experience for the future, but the job itself was just to iffy. It wasn't guaranteed, it depended on my ability to sell the product and push myself forward on days when I felt like doing nothing. Also, something more stable came along.
I contacted a temp agency the other day and told them I was looking for work and had been referred to them by one of my friends who had gotten a job through their agency. So today I went in for a small interview and subsequent typing test (which, I mean, come on. I have a blog. I know how to freaking type). They offered me a job on the spot; I'll be working for a local school district in the area typing in information to their data base. I know. It just sounds so fun. 
Good things:
$10 an hour
I get paid every Friday
1/2 hour for a lunch break
consistent
lasts 6 weeks

Bad things:
1/2 hour for a lunch break
7:30-4:00pm Mon-Fri
lasts 6 weeks

I will have no life.
I will never see the sun.
I will not get tan.
I will not being going on vacation.
I accept this to be true, and therefore sign my summer vaca away for the sake of money.
I have officially sold my soul. Wish me luck.

Dueces

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.