April 3, 2012

10 requirements of friendship

I love movies. It's actually an obsession I've been trying to cure myself of, mainly by going onto Craftgawker and making lists of things to do with my life.
It hasn't been working.

I've recently made some new friends, in and out of the computer.
(Yes people do live inside the computer. You didn't know that?)So I've been "asked" to write a list of 10 required movies for friendship. But in truth, these movies should be watched by all the human population (and perhaps even the monkey population), because it will make us better people in general. 
You think I'm kidding, cute.


It's ANASTASIA people. Need I say more? She is too beautiful, he is too cute, and the bat just makes the story. Plus it's a musical, so on a level of one to awesome - it's AWESOMESPICE
Actors: Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Kirsten Dunst, Christopher Lloyd, and Angela Lansbury


Absolutely beautiful movie. It has something to do with how I've grown up, but I love war movies. This is totally heartrenching and sincere. Shocking at times, but always beautifully acted and directed.
Actors: Corbin Allred, Alexander Polinsky, Kirby Heyborne, Peter Holden, Larry Bagby, Ethan Vincent


I cry every time. I usually don't cry in movies, or books, but this is one of those that makes me cry. I absolutely love everything about it and I defy you to watch it and not be completely in love with it. Go on. I dare you.
Actors: James McAvoy, Anne Hathaway, Julie Walters, Maggie Smith, Anne Maxwell Martin


"Be excellent to each other. And..... PARTY ON DUDE"
-- Abraham Lincoln
True story.
Ok this movie looks dumb. But I promise you it is time well spent. There's nothing like sitting down to a stupid/insanely funny movie on a bad day - and basically everything in here fits that description. Get ready to watch pure happiness.
Actors: Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, George Carlin, Tony Steedman, Robert V. Barron, Clifford David


Ok I should warn you before hand, this movie is in French. There is some English, but basically it's all French. You can watch it with subtitles, which if you can't speak French I HIGHLY recommend because this was another cry movie. Absolutely beautiful and terrible at the same time - based on the Vel' d'Hiv Roundup in 1942 (nazi's round up all the jews of Paris), this movie is a journey through the life of Sarah, a young Jewish Parisian, and Julia, a modern day American journalist living in Paris. Please watch, it will change your life.
Actors: Kristen Scott Thomas, Mélusine Mayance, Niels Arestrup, Natasha Mashkevich, Frédéric Pierrot, Michel Duchaussoy


Yes. It's true. We cannot be friends until you've seen ALL of the Harry Potters (and yes, I'm categorizing this as one movie. I make the rules therefore it's not cheating). But really people, It's Harry Potter. Need I say more?
Actors: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Emma Thompson, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon, Ralph Fiennes


Yes yes yes, Caspian is H-O-T hot. But in reality "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" will always be the best of them all. Timeless movie that never gets old, and only more inspiring every time you watch it.
Actors: Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, Tilda Swinton, James McAvoy


If you haven't watched this you have no soul. And you will not get a soul until you watch it. 
Actually any Jimmy Stewart movie will do, because I love him to death.
Actors: Jimmy Stewart, Donna Reed, Ward Bond, Lionel Barrymore


An oldie but a goodie, this is basically the precursor of all modern con stories. A little confusing at first, but definitely worth it!
Actors: Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Robert Shaw, Charles Durning, Ray Walston


Ok it was between this and "A Streetcar Named Desire" (STELLAAAAAAAA! uh, so good) but I have a soft spot for 40s/50s based movies. This is better than that Brad Pitt crap (although Oceans 11 is probs the only good movie he ever acted in), this is the real dealio.
Actors: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peter Lawford, Sammy Davis Jr, Angie Dickinson


Once you have watched all of these, we can officially begin our friendship. Also, you will feel accomplished in life. Both are equally beneficial to your lifestyle, so GET ON IT!

xoxo

ps - how about you? favorite movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.