March 12, 2012

Prom. Part deux.

Prom. Part II

Prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom prom.
That's what has been going through my head all weekend. I even had nightmares about prom. Where everything went wrong and I had anxiety attacks so bad I woke up. 
Prom = stressful!
And yet... Prom is fun :)

I had my mom buy the boutonniere when I was in school on Friday (because I forgot the day before... oops). It was a white rose, a color that best matched my dress.

Well, the morning came, and I was stressing out. I woke up at 5 am out of habit and proceeded to try and fall asleep again. Epic fail. I finally got out of bed at 8:45 because I had been laying there for hours having anxiety attacks over everything. I hopped in the shower (actually it was more like I ran around for 20 minutes trying to find the duct tape to tape a stupid garbage bag to my arm to protect my cast, and then I FINALLY got in the shower), cleaned both bathrooms after I was done, and waited around for my mom to come home from Cardio Tennis so she could straighten my normally curly locks (she's addicted to tennis. It's like her crack). 
Then me and the girls met up at Portillo's (the single most amazing restaurant of my life) and I ate breakfast aka a chocolate shake.


This is us, shortly after, getting ready. Anja did my hair - because she's a magician with hair. As you can tell.

We started getting ready at approximately 12:30, and I was STILL getting ready at 4 o'clock when Jackson (my date. wahoo!) came and picked me up. #itsagirlthing
My mom blow dried my hair for me (schmanks mom!), and then we put in curlers and then curled it with a curling wand. Note: this recipe requires about one bottle of hairspray. I used this tutorial for my eye makeup (sorry, no pics), and bought fake nails from CVS for about $2. Love cheap things.

At 4 o'clock it went something like this;


Ok no, my dad didn't shoot him. But I think me made his point clear. My dad loves me :)


My parents were determined to take as many pictures as they could, and do they need reason? Plus I love being the center of attention so I was ok with it.
Funny story #1. My mom pinned on his boutonniere. awkward. He walks in and I take the boutonniere out of the fridge and open the case, "uhm... so I don't even know how to pin this on." So my mom took over from there, so now I know how to do it! But I've never done it. So I don't know how it's going to go next time (fingers crossed, knock on wood).
Funny story #2. I had secretly been wanting a feather pin/corsage for my corsage instead of the normal flower. Because they die, and that's depressing. So one of my friends had texted him and told him to get me a feather/flower pin of some sort. You see that white fluffy flower pinned onto my dress? Yeah, that's my corsage. No big deal but I know you're jealous. And this way I get to keep it!



I've mentioned before how my friend made my dress, but it's worth mentioning again because she did an awesome job by adding sleeves and making it absolutely beautiful. I felt like a princess the whole night (I feel pretty, oh so pretty, oh so pretty and witty and bright! And I pity, any girl who isn't me tonight.)
Oh, and she also made his tie. So we matched perfectly.




This was our entire group. Aren't they beautiful!? 
Front/girls left to right: Giovanni, Kristyn, Me, Kristen, Cambrea.
We are princesses. I've decided.

We're super secret spies. It's not a big deal, so don't worry about it.


After pictures and a formal dinner we headed to the dance, which was a blast! So many good songs, such a good venue, and the weather outside was not frightful. Quiet the contrary, it was a blessedly cool breezy night - which made the outside patio a perfect place to literally chill.

We made it through the night unscathed, so all of my nightmares were wasted. What a perfect dress, what a perfect date, what a perfect night. 
Sometimes I really love my life.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is beautiful! Modesty is hotesty!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I agree - and modest dresses are just so dog-on hard to find!

      Delete

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.