March 5, 2012

Monday Morning's

Welcome to a new Segment I like to call:

Monday Morning's

It is Monday - but it's not morning. Oh whatever, the alliteration is the point.
Let me explain; (hopefully) every monday I will post a small little post on any given topic. Don't worry, you'll catch on.
Todays topic? Prom. 

I feel like not enough people go for the unexpected during Prom. And I really  the unexpected.

1. Hair


This tutorial by Oh So Pretty is one I've been eyeing for a while now. I like the loose and playful idea it presents.


The Beehive is back ladies, embrace it. 


I love people who can rock the tip dyed hair (don't worry, this tutorial washes out)

2. Makeup


Please. SOMEONE rock the bold look. I'm diggin it.
(Can be found here and there)


Or go for sultry and mysterious with this classic smokey eye


Having trouble with your makeups? (no, not a typo, I just talk funny) Girl please. Been there done that. But amazingly, this tutorial works! Schmanks Oh So Pretty 

3. DRESSES
The indispensable part of Prom. Dress shopping.
You could always make it easy and sew your own dress (I got my friend to sew mine. Score!) Or you could simply go with the crowds and shop your little heart out. WARNING: Dress shopping causes extreme anxiety and unquenchable desires to buy things. Can result in debt.


This is technically a Wedding Dress. But several of these dresses are good places to start searching for your silhouette. Or go ahead and buy a Wedding Dress! It's not that big of a difference right? Right.


This is my dress (letter A). Although it's not in pink, it's still my favorite thing in the world right now. I found the pattern at Simplicity, and my friend is sewing it for my prom (eeep!)!!


I also like the idea of the short dress. But let's get real, don't be one of those girls who go with the shortest dress they can find with the low-cut neckline. Keep it classy ladies.
This dress is at Rent the Runway specifically, but one of my friends got her short prom dress at BCBG Maxazria, at your local Macy's ;)

4. SHOES


Who doesn't love this edgy gold oxford? Be a rebel. Beeesiides, most girls take off their shoes for dancing. You'll stand out!


Or be classy and go with a suede heel. But do me a favor and keep it bold ok? Bold is better.

(However my current favorite is a boho sandal)

Well, this concludes our Monday Morning post. Tip your waiters!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.