March 12, 2012

Monday Mornings

Yet again, another Monday Morning's post in the evening... sigh. One of these days I'll get organized to actually post this at the allotted time.
Today's post is an outfit post. Because let's be honest, our lives revolve around clothes. It sounds conceited and maybe a little preppy, but think about it! When you get up in the morning and get dressed, how long does it take you? Maybe it only takes you 10 minutes (I envy you), or an hour (you should envy ME) - but what you wear each day is important.
Currently we've been having strange weather here in my hometown. But that in itself isn't exactly unusual. Our weather is messed up - and today was a high of 68 degrees! But it rained all day. 



I'm wearing my African safari pants (H&M). They're loose, cacky, and cute. I feel so fashion forward in these! But I have to admit, I miss my yoga pants. I'm too lazy for my own good.



And yet my lovely mother consented to hosting a quick photo shoot. Don't you just love her?





I've been dying to wear this cardigan + top for ages. I bought it from Forever 21 and have been saving it for a day when my hair looked nice to wear it. I paired it with my fluffy orange cardigan (from NY and Company) because I'm a fan of people who can color block and I wanted to attempt it. Plus the mannequin was wearing an orange cardigan too, so I figured it MUST be a good idea. 
I just really love the flowery fluffiness of this cardigan, it's fun to play with when you get bored.





I really loved the shirt because of the peter pan collar. Collars are back in fashion and I've been dying to make myself one/buy a shirt that actually has one! That and the perfect teal color goes well with my skin tone - and although I'm not usually a fan of polka dots, these dots were just so non assuming that I couldn't help but love them.
The shoes above are my prom shoes! I thank my gullible father for buying them for me, because I tricked him into it. The shoes went well with the dress because they added a little bit of pizzaz and  pop that I like to call "the Madison effect." 





My hair was the challenge of the day. I wanted to do something cute that you can only really do with straight hair, since it wasn't it's normal curl. So I went on my craftgawker lists and promptly found this hair recipe. My history teacher looked at my and said, " I love your hair! It's from a decade that I can't remember, but I absolutely love it! You should wear it like that more often." Needless to say she's one of my favorite teachers. 




And this is my mother. I think this pretty much explains our relationship. Don't you agree mom?


xoxo

2 comments:

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.