January 20, 2012

Glitz it up!

Good news! I found my camera cord :)
Please turn off all cell phones, and enjoy this feature presentation;


I have been wanting to glitz up my shoes for about... ever. 
So when my shoes started to look a little dingy, I said to myself, "Myself, this is a perfect opportunity to glitter your shoes so you can have cool sparkly shoes."
Needless to say, I convinced myself.


I used painters tape, because even though duct tape is pretty much the miracle tape that can do anything, painters tape is specifically designed to absorb paint/wet things.
Plus my mom told me to...



(for some reason this picture hates me, it wouldn't get bigger)
Don't put in to much modge podge, because then you'd have to put in more glitter and you basically end up with a giant bowl of glitter solution, and only one pair of shoes to glitz.
Unless you wanna have a glitter party (which I find totally acceptable, in fact - please invite me!)


Proceed to glitz it up with your glitter solution.
Any paintbrush will do.
Just remember to wash it out after your done!
Or else the glitter will be stuck in that paintbrush forever, and it will be completely worthless.
poor paintbrush.


Two glitter layers and 9 hours later, and you get.... (drum roll please)....
Your very own glitter shoes!

I chose to do a mix up of all these different glitter colors, because I thought it was more versatile that way.
But I've seen it done with only one color, or only two.
Go crazy with your glitter!

xoxo

19 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!! I <3 this craft!!!!!!!!!! Whoot! Gotta get my glitter on :D
    Great directions and pix, even the little one!
    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm a curly headed girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO fun 'd love you to add this to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course you may! Thank you for asking :)
      I love your blog too!
      I'm glad you left a comment, hope to see you back here soon!

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. How cute :) Great idea!!! And thanks for sharing, of course:) II'm your newest follower, tihihi :)


    www.thecreativemuslimah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!! I can't wait to do this to a couple of pair of thrift store shoes for my 5 & 6 year-old daughters! They are going to LOVE making and wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it make the shoes really stiff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the shoes do get a little bit stiff. i saw this and made them just last night. you also have to add the extra step of taking them outside the next day and shaking off all the excess glitter that didn't get sealed in. it does work very well though and i'm super happy with the way they turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. by the way (sister here) remember to tell them to wash the shoes. I have your shoe with me their really dirty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. What's a modge podge? We don't have it in Europe, what can I use as a replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you keep your glitter from cracking off? Mine keeps on cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm a new follower :) Love these sneakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all things glitter. I have to find an old pair of shoes to do this. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Should we use Fabric Modge Podge to keep the surface from cracking while wearing the shoes?
    Thanks from Denise Isaacs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Won't the mod podge wash off if you wear the sneakers in the rain? Just wondering..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine didn't, but eventually because I wore the shoes so much the glitter started cracking and dirt got in the cracks, so I had to throw them out. But I got a lot of good use out of them before that!

      Delete
  15. You glitterized your shoes and above the comment area you talk about blast-ended screwts. Can we be best friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. yes we can.
      I'm back to posting, so keep a look out on the blog!

      Delete

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.