January 22, 2012

The Straw the Broke the Camels Back

My camel broke her back today.
She said that it was just an accumulation of things going on in her life that she didn't know how to deal with. 
1. She lost her history textbook. So not only did she not have it over the weekend (which made her hyperventilate and pass out every once in a while(ok not really)), she couldn't study for her in class essay on Wednesday and then her test on Thursday. Oh, and her project due Monday.
2. No one would lend her their textbook. So she felt very friendless over the weekend. (Why is it so hard to lend out a textbook for a couple of hours!? Sheesh! She only needed it for the afternoon!)
3. Her mom took her childhood yellow blankie (she has been threatening to throw it out for some time now, and of course, my camel is very attached to it, so the idea made her cry).
4. Her goals seemed a little overwhelming. She kept on thinking, "How can I do this? How can I get all this done?"
5. She signed up for classes for next year as a Senior. The whole fiasco was super stressful and required 3 different meetings with 3 different counselors and lots of talk about what she wanted to do when she grew up. Which made her felt like she was 6 and all she wanted to say was, "I've been thinking I'll be a princess, or something pretty like that." Or maybe look at her mom and say, "I'm never going to grow up, I'm gonna be 6 forever."
6. Everyone kept on saying, "what interests you? what kind of job can you see yourself having?" This is where my camel differs from other camels. My camel has only ever really wanted to be a mother. All she ever wanted was some little baby camels of her own - a real job never really interested her. (However, she would like to make a "job" out of a hobby!)
7. My poor camel's jaw has been locked since she got her wisdom teeth out in November! And she can't unlock it - and sadly her mother is the type of camel to wait it out and see what happens before actually doing anything about it. So she hasn't been to the dentist to see if she can get it fixed, so it hurts. a lot.
8. My poor camel was feeling irritable Saturday and took it out on her mom and got a very good talking to. Of course, she took the typical teenage route and played deaf for the whole thing, but what he momma camel said hurt because she knew it was true. And she knew she had to fix some things about herself, but she doesn't want to because fixing means growing up and growing up means moving out and moving out means responsibility and responsibility is scary.
9. Saving for college is scary stressful when you don't have a job. holy crap I need a job! Holy crap my camel needs a job! Saving for a job plus needing money to buy clothes so you don't feel stupid every day when you get dressed, and just general buying things that you really kinda need? All of that summed up in one phrase is; I don't know what to do right now so I'm going to cry about if for a little while, then get a hug from mom so that I feel better about my life.

Now can you see why my camel broke her back?
My camel would appreciate some feedback/sympathy for her current situation.

My camel says bi

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I found your blog through CraftGawker. I don't usually comment on blogs of people I don't know because I don't want to seem creepy, but I just wanted to say.. I know what you're going through and I sympathize! I have been there too, and it will all be okay! It's a hard time of life to try and figure out what you want to do after high school, but things will work out. As someone who has changed her mind about what to do like seven times because of people's expectations, all I can say is - follow your dreams! It took me a while to figure it out, but life is so much better when you're doing something that YOU want to do! And even if you don't know what your dream is or what it is you want to do yet, you will figure it out! And it's okay to not be sure about it yet!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your favorite Aunt I concur with the very wise advice given by your fellow craftgawker, Kristen. You are an amazing girl and one of my favorite people and you will figure it all out eventually. Look at me I am 36 and basically starting my life all over again. :D love you xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.