January 12, 2012

Closet Romantic

Yes, it's true, I'm a romantic.
I'm a sucker for love stories, disney movies, romantic comedies, Jane Austen novels, Anne of Green Gables, and summery picnics. 

But I am not talking about me today (i know, weird...).
Today, we are talking about a beautiful artist and her etsy shop, Closet Romantic

Catherine Cambell combines different art mediums to create marvelous works of art... 



She uses ink, paper, and watercolors to create her drawings. I particularly like the integration of all 3 of these mediums, it gives each piece of art a distinct flavor, and style that makes each one unique.





I love the diversity of her work, not only does she use different mediums, but it's like she has an idea in her head, and she builds her art around her idea. There are several different groups of art, one of my special favorites are the groups of work that seem to be very influenced by native american textiles and ideas. 
There is another group that is based around the concept of flowers and nature, and another with nautical influences.

I hope you enjoy her work as much as I do.
I know that her work has made me want to do better at my art! 
New Years resolution? I think so :)


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.