July 5, 2012

Frustration

You may have noticed some changes... again... on da blog.
If you haven't, seriously, please get your eyes checked. And possibly your brain.
One of my many faults is really that I'm never satisfied with what I have, I always want more. It could be because my parents spoil me (not likely, since they don't), or it could just be because I'm an irrational human being. Thinking about it, it's probably the latter.
I've been experimenting with changing the HTML of my blog, through a bunch of tutorials I've found and templates I stumbled across. Why do people make it look so easy? Cause it's not.
I hate technology.

So although I'll still be tweaking things, I'm still looking for someone to help me through the process (aka do it for me). Because seriously, I couldn't be more lost if you dropped me in the middle of the ocean.
So if you see, hear, learn about, google, or whatever, ANYBODY who does blog designs. Please. I'm begging you. e-mail me.
A cluttered blog is my pet peeve. Especially my own!

Before the weather got so hot I nearly melted, I did another DIY project! However, it turned out badly.


I took some black thrifted jeans and cut them into shorts.


This is the bleach I used - I don't know if it's 100% or what, but it sure worked well! I didn't want to use too much and waste it, so I put it in a spray bottle




I cut off the cuff of one of the legs to do a quick strip test - just to see how the bleach would effect the color. 


This is the look I ended up with, to be honest, I hate it.
Here are some pointers to make sure you don't hate yours too;
>>DEFINITELY do a strip test. It gives you and idea of the finished product
>>The bottle I used was, versatile. Depending on how you turned the nozzle you could make it spray in a concentrated squirt, or a more misty one. In the above picture, 1. is the concentrated squirt - and 2. is the misty patch.
>>Make sure you cut a little lower than you want! I accidentally cut one leg too short, now I can't roll it up very well - and the edges will be fraying like crazy! Ugh. 

Although my shorts didn't turn out so hot, hopefully yours will! I'd love to see a link below, so don't be shy!
Plus, I think I have a new plan for these lovely shorts 'o mine. But we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.