February 15, 2012

Sense and Sensibility

Well, these are only some of the pictures (I'm waiting on the others from a couple of my friends).

Sense and Sensibility was one of the best things of my life. I am such a romantic, so the story was like a dream come true, but the cast was one of the best casts I've ever had the extreme pleasure to be on. 
One of my best friends did the show with me, and I was so excited because I didn't know if he was going to (he ended up being Edward!). I made some fantastic new friends through this experience, friends that I hope to have for a really really really long time. 
And I learned a lot about myself and my acting abilities - most definitely the hardest thing I've ever had to do on stage. Slap someone. Maddie (aka Mama D) is one of the nicest people ever, and it just so happens that she was Ms Lucy Steele. AKA MY ARCH NEMESIS. aka I had to slap her. Can you see why that's a problem? Cause it was. 




It literally took me months to be able to slap her, and on all of the performance nights I slapped her good and hard (there was a strange sense of satisfaction that I did it. I'm not a mean person, but it was kinda fun.. shhhh). 

And THEN, I had to go and break my wrist (eep!) and Ms Peplow looked like she was gonna have a heart attack when she saw that my cast was pink (what can I say? I'm a naturally selfish person and I really really really wanted a pink cast. Hey! I broke my wrist! Give me some credit). Luckily it turned out that my costume was pink (ohpinkiloveyousomuch), so everything went fine, I just covered my cast with my pashmina/shawl. 

{the usual necessities}

Well, the show must go on!
Actually, speaking of the show must go on, the guy who played Colonel Brandon basically-almost-kinda-butnotreally broke his foot! Actually, we slipped up and got hurt so many times we were convinced someone said MACBETH during a rehearsal, so we were cursed. 



Long story short, Sense and Sensibility made my life better. I'm glad I did it. I should take chances more often.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.