February 21, 2012

Sense and Sensibility II

So my dear dear friend finally put the rest of the pictures on Facebook, so now I can steal them from her. 









I wish I had more pictures to show you, but I don't.
Geez I need to get better at this picture thing - only problem is I lost my camera cord. again. 
Oh the woes of being an unorganized blogger.

These pictures kind of give you an insight into the lifeblood of theatre. We're really all just crazy people lookin' for an adrenaline rush, because if you don't think getting up on stage in front of 100+ people won't give you an adrenaline rush, you've got your head screwed on wrong. 
But it's the kind of adrenaline rush that lasts. It lasts because it's a part of you. Each time you think about it you get that jumpy sensation in your stomach, like oh-my-gosh-i-actually-did-that. It turns you topsy turvy. 
But theatre people don't just do theatre for the adrenaline, they do it because a part of themselves is in the character. Without someone to be and someone to act, it's almost like we're nothing. We're just boring old us. But being a character? That's something. 
That's taking on a whole new personality, a whole new perspective, and a whole new life. You tell your story, because it is your story. For now anyways. So you tell it and you tell it well, because at the end of the day you have to give up that other person who you've become. You have to say good-bye and you don't want to leave them without making sure you did all you could do to be them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.