December 21, 2011

Nativ(ity) hobby

I haven't been around for a while...

In my defense, finals have almost literally sucked the life out of me. I had French III, AP english, AP US history, Physics, Alg II trig, and even PE to worry about, so I've been stressed out these past two weeks. 
But have no fear, I am here!

This morning on my way to school, me and my friend Cambrea were talking about nativities. And I realized that maybe it's a little bit of an abnormal thing to have 16+ nativities scattered throughout your home. But that's ok, I like it that way :) 
(wow I'm on a rhyming role!)
So I took pictures of some of my favorite nativities for you lovely readers to enjoy.




I love the ornamental painting on this one. It's a simple set-up, but the details are brilliant.




I don't know where we got this one, but I love it because of the fact that it's basically aluminum molded and pressed into shapes and images. The bumps give you the picture..





I can't even begin to imagine how long that took, or how many beads they used.





Actually, I think they're wood shavings... not straw. 




This is made completely out of colored aluminum. 
I kid you not.




This one was kind of blurry, I did my best to edit it... but it didn't turn out like I wanted. I posted it anyways because you have to see the details on my Wise men.







These are my metal men.
I am very intrigued with their "metalness." 
I love the sparkles, the marbled look, and the curly-wirey detail on each of them.




This is one of my favorite nativities. It's so simple. It reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas,
Christ's birth.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! But if you're mean I'll set my blast-ended skrewts on you. You have been warned.